Digital Technologies Researcher
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Ford and Stanley – The Digital recruitment Experts are looking for a Digital Researcher to join their client in central London. The ideal candidate will use their passion for technology and innovation to reach out to the wider industry via events and networking to bring people and companies together in the goal of creating a network of designers and co-creators that are all working towards the goal of Social Innovation.
The ideal candidate will be involved in the development of future digital products and scalable technology solutions for the Rail and wider Mobility sector to address some of society’s biggest challenges, addressing the slow take-up of digitalisation in the rail sector and ensure the success of new digital solutions for business and customer experience.
In this position, you will work initially on creating digital solutions for Smart Ticketing and Mobility but can expect to work on projects in other technical and business fields such as Traffic Management Systems, Signaling and Autonomous trains later on. You will explore and understand relevant state-of-the-art technologies in each field and develop solutions for our customers
* Design Smart Ticketing and Mobility solutions based on knowledge and experience of system architecture.
* Prototype solutions by developing the necessary software and integrating relevant technological components with appropriate modifications.
* Demonstrate the value of the solution to targeted users in a collaboration with business units.
* Prepare and submit patents on the technical solutions to provide a competitive advantage; and after obtaining appropriate protection, publishing technical results to establish my client as a leader in Mobility field.
* Communicate with business units and customers to understand their requirements.
* Establish collaborations and attend meetings with my clients business units and customers to present and communicate ideas, concepts and demonstrations,
* As part of a team, plan, prepare and execute Proof-of-Value (PoV) solutions and refine the solution based on external feedback.
* Collaborate with R&D co-workers, customers, partners, engineers, and business units with the goal of commercialising R&D aspects of the proposed solution.
* Communicate with Managers on any project issues where these cannot be resolved within the team.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
* An academic / research background with a master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related field is required, and a PhD would be preferred.
* Experience of establishing and operating cloud-based environments and the use of open source software
* Evidence to demonstrate an enthusiasm and interest to research new engineering domains and technologies, and to master and apply the technologies in practice is preferred
£45k - £50k Annual
£34k - £36k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual