IT Support Technician
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
* Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
* Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
* Talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone.
* Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving
* Supporting the roll-out of new applications and systems.
* Prioritising and managing many open cases at one time.
* Testing and evaluating new technology.
* Monitoring and support our cloud-based solutions.
* Knowledge of one or all of the following Microsoft Windows Server environments including server
* (2008/2012), Exchange (2010/2013), Windows Terminal server, Windows SQL, Windows (7,10),
* Microsoft Office Applications, Antivirus/Antispam/Antispyware, Symantec Backup Exec / Computer
* Associates Arcserve / Cloud Backup Technology.
* Experience of carrying out hardware analysis and repairs on Servers, Workstations / Laptops and Thin
* Client and working with manufacturers to solve hardware issues.
* Networking knowledge of ADSL / Leased Line / WLAN / DNS /DHCP /VPN/ Firewall/TCP/IP at LAN
* /WAN Level.
* VoIP (Both in house & hosted)
* Provide 1st/2nd line support.
* Experience delivering IT support for end users, ideally through a Value-Added Reseller (VAR).
* Good customer awareness, ability to manage customer expectations.
* Able to work under pressure and against timelines in a supporting role to senior engineers.
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK
£10 - £12 Hourly
£25k - £30k Annual
£19k - £25k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual