Systems Engineer - RedHat - Perm - Edinburgh - to 30K GBP plus excelle
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Abrecco are working with our long standing Edinburgh based client to recruit a Linux Systems Engineer or Administrator to join the existing team. This is a hands-on role requiring strong technical skills together with customer focus, excellent communication skills and a proactive attitude to customer support. This is a rare opportunity to join an established and expanding company who offer a family friendly flexible working environment, bonus, enhanced pension amongst other benefits including career progression. In fact, this role has come about through internal progression.
- Hands on system administration, support, tuning etc. in Linux based environments.
- Day to day server management of RedHat servers and ensuring maximum uptime for services.
- Troubleshooting issues and managing remote installs.
- Collaborate with technical teams, the business, suppliers and customers as required.
- Resolve issues escalated by the 2nd line support team.
Personal and technical attributes:
- Proven knowledge and experience managing and supporting Linux servers (Redhat ideally)
- Command line configuration/troubleshooting and scripting knowledge.
- Excellent problem solving abilities ideally covering Linux and Windows technologies.
- IP Networking knowledge (DHCP, NFS etc.)
- A proactive attitude with the ability to work on your own initiative and as a part of a team.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Windows 10, AD and Windows Server 2008 onwards.
This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and experienced Linux Systems Administrator or Engineer to work in a highly customer focussed technical environment. In return, a salary of up to £30,000 + bonus and extensive benefits which includes flexible working. Get in touch with Chris to find out more or apply with your CV and we can organise an initial confidential discussion to make sure this really is the ideal opportunity for you
£30k - £35k Annual
£23k - £25k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual