Accounts production Manager
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
AJ Chambers are working on behalf of a leading regional accountacy practice in St Albans who are looking for an Accounts Production manager to head up their team and report direct to the parters in the office.
This exciting role would suit someone with previous exerience of management within a Practice as well as portfolio management
The Key Tasks and responsibilities would be:
* Take primary responsibility for managing and delivering work for a portfolio of clients on behalf of various Partners/Directors providing a book keeping, VAT, management and year end accounts compliance service. This includes work for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders, using both manual and computerised accounting systems.
* Work will include the planning, review and finalisation of accounts (including initial preparation work where necessary), dealing with clients’ taxation affairs and advising clients on general commercial business related matters.
* Manage staff on a day-to-day basis in respect of portfolio work, including working with the Accounting Solutions Supervisors to plan and allocate work within the team, based on level of experience and competence. This will include effective motivation, training and development and monitoring and evaluating work to ensure that departmental targets and objectives are met.
* Review work prepared by team members, providing constructive feedback and direction and guidance on performance improvement. Provide regular feedback on overall performance, informally and through the firm’s appraisal process.
* Provide supervision and task support to the wider team, sharing knowledge and providing guidance. Act as a ‘go to’ person for technical accounting queries from clients and other colleagues.
* Assist with the Partner and Director billing processes, as and when required.
* Assist in maintaining and developing the firm's compliance procedures to deliver a better quality service, to develop and promote the department and to manage risk compliance.
* Identify opportunities to refine existing departmental procedures to deliver a better quality service and to develop and promote the department.
* Regularly attend extra-office events and participate in networking and marketing activities where required.
* Provide support to the Accounting Solutions Partner and Accounting Solutions Director in marketing and developing the department to assist in generating new client business and building our reputation in the market.
* Keep technically up to date and organise/attend webinars, seminars and CPD updates as necessary
* Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Accounting Solutions Department or to provide additional assistance to clients.
The successful candidate would need:
• Significant previous experience in accounts preparation, book keeping and VAT work and qualified to at least ACCA or ACA standard (or equivalent by experience)
• Can demonstrate a strong technical and commercial knowledge and understanding of accounts processes including (but not limited to) knowledge of current accounting standards, VAT and tax matters
• Previous team management or supervisory experience
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, partners and clients.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively using written and verbal communication.
• Ability to work autonomously, but also collaboratively supporting colleagues as needed
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work, particularly during peak periods of work
• Ability to organise self and others, monitoring multiple deadlines and prioritising tasks to ensure completed accurately and on time
• Good attention to detail and the ability to assess situations and problem solve, proactively managing client and team relationships
• Strong leadership and management skills, with an ability to manage people effectively to raise performance and build engagement
• Confident IT and systems skills, with a track record of understanding client’s needs and using technologies to achieve effective management.
• Ability to use computerised accounts software, including Sage, Xero and Quick Books and confident Excel skills
• Prior experience of using CCH software packages
If you are interested in this role please contact Danny Brown at AJ Chambers Recruitment, or apply through this add.
Accounts Production Manager - St Albans
£30k - £35k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual