Consultant Ecologist – Bristol
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
My client is an international, award-winning, multidisciplinary consultancy, that currently have over 50 offices based across 4 different continents. They provide a vast variety of services in Ecology such as Protected species survey, Ecological Impact Assessments and Preliminary Ecological Appraisals. They are currently searching for a Consultant Ecologist to join their team based in Bristol.
To achieve this position, you will need:
* To hold a relevant protected species survey (and mitigation licences), or ability and willingness to work towards holding such licences, ideally a Great Crested Newt license;
* The Ability to lead surveys as well as good report writing skills;
* Detailed knowledge of UK and EC wildlife legislation and policy, as well as Ecological Impact Assessment;
* Experience organising surveys and consulting with land owners regarding access for surveys;
* Experience in at least one of the following areas: botanical identification, undertaking Phase 1 Habitat / NVC surveys and protected species surveys;
* Willing to travel to offices and sites within the UK when required by work demand;
* Full Member of CIEEM or similar professional body; or eligible to qualify for this status.
During your time at this role you will be:
* Supporting liaison with project managers and clients on the delivery of ecological requirements within multi-disciplinary tenders and projects;
* Organising and carrying out desk studies and field-based habitat, botanical, protected and non-native invasive species surveys.
* Safe delivery of protected species and habitat surveys; analysis and evaluation of results, impact assessments, and the design and implementation of successful mitigation strategies;
* Performing the role of an Ecological Clerk of Works on construction projects;
* Adaptable and flexible approach to work to meet peaks in demands (as all roles are likely to involve occasional longer/and or unsociable hours and a degree of working away from home for days/ weeks at a time)
This employer will be offering you a competitive salary dependent on the level of experience you hold, a pension scheme and a benefits package. If this role is of interest to you or you are looking for roles related to Ecology, Arboriculture, Ornithology or EIA please do not hesitate to contact Steffan Child on (phone number removed) or by email. We have a vast variety of opportunities on our website (url removed)
£110 - £110 Daily
£40k - £48k Annual