Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
H2 Consultancy are exclusively representing a high growth niche manufacturer with the recruitment of a Group Financial Controller. As a leading international manufacturer within their field this is a very exciting time to join the business. The business offers a broad range of services and prides itself on manufacturing excellence and being a trusted provider within the sector.
Reporting into the Group Finance Director, based at their UK Head Office in Newcastle under Lyme you will be a key member of the Finance Team. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop their financial management skills in a multinational and dynamic corporate environment. The position will be based in Newcastle under Lyme although some UK and international travel is a requirement of the role.
The successful candidate will provide and maintain accurate financial records, accounts and reports for the Board, management and external stakeholders ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and accounting standards, working in conjunction with the Leadership Team and Site Management Teams to maximise operating margins and working capital potential.
The main duties will include:
* Supervision of generation of timely and accurate site management accounts, variance analysis and forecast updates
* Preparation of timely and accurate consolidated group management accounts, variance analysis and forecast updates
* To support and when applicable take a leadership role in the implementation and continuous development of accounting and information systems falling within the responsibility of the Finance Team
* Maintenance and improvement of current financial controls, reports and procedures
* Prepare statutory year-end financial statements in accordance with appropriate accounting procedures, and assist in the implementation of procedures and reports applicable to new and updated standards
* Liaise with external auditors for all Group companies
* Assist with treasury management activities such as hedging and funding activities
* Review statutory returns such as VAT, PAYE, US payroll and liaise with external providers where applicable to ensure non-UK statutory returns are filed promptly and accurately
* Support in the review and approval of legal terms and conditions, pricing and payment terms as well as the review of projects for appropriate risk mitigation
* Preparation of site level and consolidated budgets and contribution to development of 5 year-plan in conjunction with Finance Director
* Line management responsibilities within the finance team.
The ideal applicant will have ACMA/ACA/ACCA and post qualification experience in a SME finance department, or private practice with significant SME exposure. A strong knowledge and frequent use of IT applications is also ideal. He/she will be proactive, analytical, results orientated and be able to demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills. Experience of working in a busy and complex environment, dealing with deadlines and periods of a high volume of work is also essential.
For a more detailed description of this opportunity please contact Kerri-Ann Hargreaves.
Privacy notice: At H2 Consultancy we take your privacy seriously. We process personal data relating to people who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications (this could include name, address, email, phone no., qualifications, employment history). The information provided by a candidate will only be processed and used to contact you as part of the recruitment process – note, we may contact you about the specific job you have applied for or about other vacancies which we feel you may be suitable for
£55k - £65k Annual
£40k - £48k Annual
£45k - £45k Annual
£40k - £48k Annual
£44k - £50k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual