Service Engineer for Broadcast Systems
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We’re looking for Customer Service Engineers to deliver first and second line support of the Evertz broadcast media management solution (Mediator) and associated hardware.
Evertz is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices.
The company is at the forefront of the IP revolution. Media organizations are facing the challenge of delivering more content in multiple formats to multiple platforms.
With over 1400 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, the company is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry.
The company has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia.
About the Role
The company are looking for technical Service Engineers to join our expanding File Based Service department.
Service Engineers are responsible for delivering first and second line support of the company broadcast media management solution (Mediator) and associated hardware.
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:
• Taking the technical lead in assisting customers with their issues including debugging and resolving issues.
• Answering questions from customers and prospective customers about the features and capabilities of the Mediator system.
• Assisting with testing of new software and fixes deployed to QA and Production systems.
• Data gathering of issues and reporting back to internal departments for analysis and resolution
• Documentation of systems and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Escalating support issues to internal stakeholders and departments.
• Dealing with customers Change Requests including functional and technical specifications.
The candidate should have some experience in the following areas:
• Linux operating system.
• Relational databases with Oracle experience or basic SQL.
• Fault finding, problem solving and good reporting skills.
• Working well in a team environment
The candidate could also have some experience in the following areas but it is not essential:
• Successful project implementation in a Broadcast software solution environment.
• Broadcast automation and device control.
• Media management and desk top workflow.
• Current digital video compression standards and file types.
• Broadcast IT with network infrastructure.
• Virtual and Cloud based computing including hosted cloud systems e.g., AWS.
• Applications integration with business systems via the use of XML as the interchange format.
Salary will be based on previous experience and skill set
£18k - £25k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£35k - £38k Annual