Consultant Ecologist – Bedford
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
My client is one of the UK’s leading Environmental Consultancies that have been an established name for over 20 years. They provide a wide range of services across the whole of the UK, such as Ecology, landscape planning and urban design. They are currently looking for a Consultant Ecologist to become part of their ever-growing team based near Bedford.
To achieve this position, you will need:
* 2 Years’ of experience working as an ecologist;
* Excellent field skills and a keen interest and understanding of British wildlife;
* Have undertaken a wide range of habitat and protected species field surveys;
* Have undertaken some co-ordination and/or management of field surveys;
* Hold one or more protected species survey licences, or otherwise be in the process of developing experience to support a licence application;
* Have good writing skills with some experience of producing ecological reports and/or other deliverables;
* Hard working and highly motivated, with good interpersonal skills and team approach;
* Organised, pro-active, reliable and willing to travel between project sites;
* Hold a Full Driving Licence.
During your time at this role you will be working both out on site and in an office environment, due to working on sites across the UK, a willingness to travel and occasionally stay overnight is required. This role will best suit someone who is in the early stages of their career and is keen to learn from senior members of staff. Mentoring and support will be a focus from the client, as they aim to help you progress throughout your career as an Ecologist. Some of the roles you will be responsible for include habitat and species survey work, report writing, desktop studies and liaising with sub-contractors.
This employer will be offering you a competitive salary dependent on the level of experience you hold, a pension scheme and a benefits package. If this role is of interest to you or you are looking for roles related to Ecology, Arboriculture, Ornithology or EIA please do not hesitate to contact Steffan Child on (phone number removed) or by email. We have a vast variety of opportunities on our website (url removed)
£27.5k - £27.5k Annual
£26k - £27k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual