Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
LOCATION: York, North Yorkshire (YO10 4HW)
JOB TITLE: Accounts Senior
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive salary dependent on experience plus company pension and a friendly working environment
WORKING HOURS: Full Time – 8:45am to 5:15pm Monday to Thursday & 8:45am to 4:45pm on Friday with Flexitime.
THE COMPANY: Our client is a well established, leading Chartered Accountancy firm with offices in Goole, Pontefract, York & Selby. With expert advisors across all aspects of accountancy they are specialists in dealing with a range of businesses and individual commissions.
Due to the continued success of the company, our client is now looking to recruit an Accounts Senior to join the expanding team at their office in York, North Yorkshire. You will be working with a great team in a friendly environment and will enjoy great benefits such as flexitime, pension scheme as well as a competitive salary.
THE ROLE: An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Senior to join our client’s Accountancy firm, based in York. As an Accounts Senior you will be responsible for preparing accounts for Limited companies, Partnerships and Sole traders. The role will also cover a range of accountancy tasks such as Corporation Tax Returns, VAT and Tax Returns as well as other duties on an ad-hoc basis.
Key Responsibilities for the Accounts Senior role in York, North Yorkshire include:
• Preparing Sole trader and Partnership accounts
• Preparing Limited Company accounts
• Corporation Tax Returns
• VAT and Tax Returns
• Working to tight deadlines and prioritising tasks
• Delegate work to junior staff members and review their work
• Assist clients with Making Tax Digital
• Identifying additional services to offer the best support for our clients
• Take part in networking activities
THE CANDIDATE: The successful candidate for the Accounts Senior role must have previous working experience within an accountancy practice and must be a highly accurate and organised person. You must have strong bookkeeping, accounts preparation skills, and sound working knowledge of preparing Tax Returns. You must have excellent written and spoken communication skills, and must have good IT skills with experience using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the Accounts Senior role in York, North Yorkshire:
- Must have previous experience working in accountancy practice
- Strong numeracy, bookkeeping and accountancy preparation skills essential
- Must have good IT skills
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook is essential
- Previous experience using accounting software
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps
£20k - £23k Annual
£23k - £30k Annual
£28k - £38k Annual