Project Support Officer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Essex County Council (ECC) is one of the largest and most dynamic local authorities in the UK, serving a population of 2 million residents, and has a very successful track record of delivering transformational change. ECC anticipated change was needed in the public sector and has worked to deliver better quality at lower cost. We have an ambitious transformation agenda – one with the scope to reach every part of the council. We are changing the way we think, the way we work, and the ways in which we deliver our services. We are committed to becoming a place where individuals, partners and communities feel proud to play their role and genuinely want to belong. We’re immensely proud of our flexible working options.Right now, our Corporate Development team is at the heart of our huge transformation. Having gone through an exciting restructure, we are looking to align our products, services and people to the council-wide agenda of commercialism, digitisation, self-sufficiency and progression towards 2021 and beyond. However, to succeed we need the right people on board to grasp and run with our long-term plan and help shape and mould our digital future. So, if you are ready for a new challenge where all the elements are in place to make a real impact and where there’s massive opportunity for personal and career development, read on.
The Project Support Officers covers a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of a project or programme’s objectives. The role is key to the effective and efficient operation of all projects, by supporting the project manager with day-to-day project management processes and the co-ordination of business management actions and activities.An experienced, methodical and structured project co-ordinator, able to engage with a diverse group of individuals at all levels, who will add value to the operational effectiveness of the team. This role will offer the opportunity to develop by building knowledge of the project management function and evidencing a curious and innovative approach in supporting others.
* Support the project teams by developing and maintaining appropriate systems to ensure effective planning and scheduling of projects.
* Assisting them the project teams in maintaining project controls and responsible for producing project reports in a timely manner to enable adequate and regular monitoring of project progress.
* Responsible for project file management using robust version control and organising project boards and meetings, together with providing support to ensure efficient operation of projects day to day.
* Responsible for being a main point of contact for project responses to external requests for information and engaging with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Supports the teams by monitoring project spend and contribute to the compilation of budget updates whilst also ensuring the update of all project documentation and clearly documenting decisions/actions arising from project meetings.
* Supports the team by sharing any insights or escalating issues to ensure Projects Managers are kept up to date. Responsible for managing the projects’ risk and issue logs, helping to identify any on-going risks/issues, ensuring appropriate escalation and tracking their progress to ensure resolution.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
* Educated to NVQ Level 3 or equivalent by experience.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and knowledge in relevant professional area.
* Experience and evidence of working in a project co-ordination role in a large, complex organisation.
* Curious and inspired to work in an agile environment where you can learn and develop.
* Experience of engaging with others to build good working relationships and communicating effectively in order to achieve the right outcomes/progress for the project(s).
* Experience of working with a broad range of individuals at different levels within the organisation and engaging with/persuading them as appropriate to maintain project progress.
* Experience of working within a political environment with knowledge of a public sector setting and involvement in a large, complex environment.
* Evidence of adopting a structured and planned approach.
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us
£0 - £35k Annual
£0 - £35k Annual
£10.8 - £10.8 Hourly
£20k - £21k Annual