Assistant Project Manager
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Right now, our Corporate Development team is at the heart of our huge transformation. Having gone through an exciting restructure, we are looking to align our products, services and people to the council-wide agenda of commercialism, digitisation, self-sufficiency and progression towards 2021 and beyond. However, to succeed we need the right people on board to grasp and run with our long-term plan and help shape and mould our digital future. So, if you are ready for a new challenge where all the elements are in place to make a real impact and where there’s massive opportunity for personal and career development, read on.
The responsibilities will cover a diverse range of activities to support the delivery of the objectives of a project, programme or portfolio. The Assistant Project Manager enables the smooth running of the project by supporting the project manager through the operation of project management processes, and the co-ordination of business management actions and activities on their behalf. Other requirements will focus on development of experience by responsibility for key documents and reporting and monitoring a portfolio of work in support of a Portfolio Manager or managing workstreams or small projects, as required.
Experienced in being planned and organised to ensure projects stay on track by monitoring progress and engaging with a stakeholders this role plays a key role in ensuring a structured approach to projects and maintaining quality of outputs.
* Responsible for ensuring robust systems are in place to enable effective planning and scheduling within a project, programme or portfolio. Responsible for managing project controls effectively to ensure all reports provide an accurate update on project status and highlight any specific concerns on progress.
* Responsible for ensuring key operational activities are conducted efficiently in a timely manner whilst ensuring compliance and adherence to critical business processes, such as, Health and Safety.
* Responsible for documenting resource requirements and plans for projects or programmes or portfolios. Make recommendations to actively manage workforce planning for Project Managers and enable decision making on the best resources for each project based on current capability.
* Work collaboratively with a broad and diverse group of internal and external stakeholders including senior management. Including facilitating project meetings, workshops and reviews.
* Responsible for effectively monitoring specific project spend and provide information required to support business case sign off to ensure both Project and Programme Managers are kept up to date on progress.
* Drafting project governance documentation (e.g. business cases) for the Project or Programme Manager to approve.
* Responsible for taking the lead on highlighting potential areas for risk and escalating as appropriate to the Project/Programme Manager, recommending ways to mitigate such risks.
* Responsible for leading specific workstreams within projects to ensure delivery of agreed outcomes within time, cost and constraints. This will include design of workstream and delivery approach.
* Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
* Educated to A level or equivalent by extensive experience
* Evidence of continuing professional development and expert knowledge in relevant professional area. For example AMP or Prince 2 foundation
* Experience and evidence of involvement in project management
* Experience of working with a broad range of individuals at different levels within the organisation and engaging with them, finding ways to overcome obstacles.
* Keen to engage with others and learn from them
* Experience of working within a political environment with knowledge of a public sector setting and involvement in a large, complex environment
* Good planning and organising skills, determination to meet deadlines
* Curious manner, innovative approach in looking for alternative solutions
Qualification certificates should be brought to interview.
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us
£350 - £360 Daily