Multi-Skilled Engineer - Electrical
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Marylebone, London W1W
International Students House (ISH) is a charity that believes every young person should have the opportunity to succeed, whatever their background.
We provide accommodation if young people need a place to live while they study, scholarships and hardship funds to support their education and social activities to foster an international community.
We are now seeking a Multi-Skilled Engineer to join us and carry out electrical and non-core repairs and planned maintenance across all of our buildings.
- Salary of £21,000 per annum
- 16 days’ holiday (increasing annually)
- Daily meal allowance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Interest free annual travel loan (after probation)
- Company sponsored healthcare cash plan, with the opportunity to increase personal cover or include family members
This is a brilliant opportunity for a qualified electrical engineer to build on their skill set with an organisation who supports and values their employees.
Here at International Students House, we know we wouldn’t be anywhere without the hard work and dedication of the people who work for us. This is why we aim to maintain an environment where everyone feels appreciated and rewarded.
So, if you’re looking to take on a varied role and be a vital part of our organisation, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer, you will be tasked with delivering electrical and maintenance services across all ISH buildings.
Specifically, you will carry out planned preventative maintenance, reactive maintenance and refurbishment work. You’ll ensure standards are maintained in order to maximise organisational effectiveness.
Your role will also involve:
- Completing electrical installations, repairs and maintenance to M&E, plant and buildings
- Regularly inspecting buildings, completed works and service contracts
- Ensuring all work adheres to the Health & Safety at Work Act, COSHH regulations and Electrical IEE regulations
- Assisting the Maintenance Team as required
- Reporting on completed maintenance work
- Taking part in a rota for out of hours emergency calls
To be considered as a Multi-Skilled Engineer, you will need:
- City & Guilds Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent
- 18th Edition I.E.E. registration or recognised equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of all building services
- The ability to fault find on both mechanical and electrical plant and equipment
- To be diligent and pro-active
- The ability to prioritise and act on your own initiative
This is a part time role working 24 hours per week over three days.
Other organisations may call this role Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Technician, Multi-Skilled Operative, M&E Engineer, or Electrician.
Webrecruit and International Students House are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Multi-Skilled Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
£34k - £36k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£18 - £18 Hourly
£34k - £36k Annual