Customer Care Centre Agent
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
The role is to service customers by determining requirements; answering inquiries; resolving problems; fulfilling requests; maintaining database/work records/filing.
The Customer Care Centre (CCC) agents will be responsible for answering telephone calls from numerous customers from across Europe.
*The service will operate between the hours of 06:00 – 18:00, seven days per week*
CCC agents will be responsible for ensuring that calls are answered in a timely and professional manner and that calls are resolved by demonstrating a detailed knowledge and understanding of the contract (full training will be provided on the contract requirements).
Key responsibilities will include:
* Determine customer requirements
* Answer inquiries by clarifying desired information; researching, locating, and providing information.
* Resolve problems by clarifying issues; researching and exploring answers and alternative solutions; implementing solutions; escalating unresolved problems.
* Fulfil requests by clarifying desired information; completing transactions including the taking of payments on line; forwarding requests
* Maintain the customer database.
* Keep equipment operational by following established procedures; reporting malfunctions.
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
* Enhance the NPS reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* 5 GCSE's (or equivalent) grade A-C, preferably including Maths, English and Science.
* Excellent telephone skills
* Good keyboard skills
* Microsoft Excel & Word
* Customer Service & Focus
* Excellent Interpersonal Skills including:
* Listening & Verbal Communication
* Building Relationships & People Skills
* Organisational skills to schedule daily/monthly workload
* Interest in working flexible shifts including weekends (part time candidates will be considered)
* Problem Solving & Multi-tasking
* Language skills. In addition to English, the ability to hold business conversations in one or more of the following would be a distinct advantage: Polish, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Romanian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian
* Previous experience in a customer focused role
* Data Entry Skills
* Pre-employment checks required
* Agents who are UK citizens will be put through a BPSS security clearance process.
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following benefits:
Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday with the option to buy/ sell 5 days
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities