Pattern Shop Manager
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Brewster Partners are pleased to be working with a Sheffield engineering business as they look to recruit a Pattern Shop Manager.
The Pattern Shop Manager will lead the in-house Patternmaking function. Responsible for interpreting engineering drawings and the production of pattern equipment for use in the casting process to support the organisation efficiently produce quality products, on time whilst maximizing profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Overseeing pattern production and written specifications to determine sizes and shapes of patterns and required machine setups. Measure dimensions of completed products or workpieces to verify conformance to specifications.
* Expertly manufacture pattern equipment in wood/model board/resin/fiberglass using traditional machines.
* Maintain departmental administrative records.
* Supervise and allocate work to the in-house Pattern Shop team and motivate staff to achieve departmental goals. Mentor and train department staff.
* Liaise with other departments regarding pattern production.
* Manage relationships with subcontractors and inspecting any subcontracted work.
* Identify future training needs of staff to develop a professional and flexible team and maximise the use of resources.
* Ensure that all Health and Safety Policies are adhered to.
* Time-served/Apprentice-trained pattern maker
* Leadership– gives direction to teams to achieve organisational goals, ability to motivate a workforce and leads by example.
* Communication – ensuring that communication is ongoing and effective between different departments, delegate appropriately, effective negotiation skills. Presenting ideas and results to different stakeholders across the business including staff and senior management.
* IT– keeping up to date with IT systems in the workplace while understanding emerging technologies.
* Team working– fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all products are delivered on time and company goals are met. Builds and maintains constructive working relationships with others.
* Planning and forecasting – effective organizational skills to ensure effective scheduling of planned and subcontracted work.
* Problem Solving– good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Business Focus – Strategic awareness, effective risk management and a commitment to continuous improvement of performance.
* Contributory pension scheme
* Profit share scheme
* Days regular role
* 33 days holiday
Brewster Partners Engineering is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in engineering, technical and operations jobs in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of accountancy and finance recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at (url removed) for more information on engineering Jobs, engineering recruitment, manufacturing Jobs or manufacturing Recruitment
£28k - £30k Annual
£18k - £23k Annual
£28k - £34k Annual
£23k - £28k Annual