Test Lab Manager (Smart Metering, Utilities, Test, Lab)
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
The UK’s leading IT Solutions and Services provider are looking to appoint an experienced Test Lab Manager (Smart Metering, Utilities, Test, Lab) who will lead the establishment of test lab services in a new bespoke testing facility.
The successful Test Lab Manager (Smart Metering, Utilities, Test, Lab) will lead delivery through requirements definition, development of resourcing strategy, creation of new business processes, establishment of service capability and transfer to enduring operations.
The Test Lab Manager (Smart Metering, Utilities, Test, Lab) will work closely with the Lead Test Architect, who is responsible for delivering the testing facilities (infrastructure and equipment).
Responsibilities for the Test Lab Manager (Smart Metering, Utilities, Test, Lab):
· Deliver the new testing services into BAU operation as part of a large Technology Transformation Programme
· Develop test service requirements and resourcing strategy
· Lead the development of business processes covering all aspects of testing service including (but not limited to) induction of test lab users; customer journey (Inc. scheduling, provision of test slots etc) test asset management; test lab support; test execution; triage support; defect management.
· Ensure the labs are operationally ready within planned timeframes and as per Test Participant Schedule
· Direct and co-ordinate suppliers in setup activities and running of the labs
· Transition the test lab facilities into a BAU service, including development of training/knowledge transfer strategy
Experience for the Test Lab Manager (Smart Metering, Utilities, Test, Lab):
· Previous experience of operating in a service / vendor manager role
· An excellent communicator with a highly collaborative style
· Exceptional stakeholder management skills
· Ability to deliver simple, sustainable solutions in a complex environment
· Logical thinker able to work collaboratively in a virtual, multi-disciplinary team
· A proven track record in the development, owning and driving of initiatives to provide continuous service improvements and cost reductions
· A good understanding of testing methodologies and principles
· Knowledge and understanding of test lab services
· Good Microsoft Office suite skills, particularly with Excel, PowerPoint, Visio; Ability to develop clear, concise reports/decks
If you would like to apply for the Test Lab Manager (Smart Metering, Utilities, Test, Lab) role, please click the apply button
£30k - £35k Annual
£18.5k - £35k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual