Controls Hardware Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Please note that this position requires security clearance and this can only be obtained if you are a British Passport holder and resided in the UK for at least 5 years without any significant periods of time spent outside the UK.
This position is part of the Control Systems group within the Engineering department based in New Malden. As a key member of the hardware and systems engineering team, this role is primarily to provide hardware integration and electrical design expertise to support the design and development of a new highly integrated platform management and machinery control system for maritime applications.
Salary - dependant on experience.
Key responsibilities include:
• Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
• Specify, design, and develop hardware solutions for distributed electronic control systems.
• Integrate off-the-shelf electrical and electronic equipment
• Demonstrate compliance to customer and regulatory requirements.
• Provide technical oversight of subcontractors
• Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
• Produce documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
• Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
• To travel to customer sites in the UK and overseas when required.
• To carry out any other reasonable management request.
• A degree, HND, HNC or equivalent in electrical/electronic engineering or a related discipline.
• Experienced in:
o Systems engineering, requirements capture and analysis.
o Design and integration of complex electrical/electronic systems and equipment.
o Specification and analysis of COTS components and subassemblies.
o System and/or hardware testing and verification.
o Demonstrating compliance to customer specifications and international standards.
o Using configuration management tools and processes.
• Understanding of:
o Digital control systems implemented using COTS and/or embedded hardware.
o Electronic interfaces, data bus communication protocols and networking standards.
o Environmental & EMC standards; e.g. Def Stan 00-35, Def Stan 59-411, MIL-STD-461 or similar.
o Electrical schematics.
o MTBF calculations, FMECAs, reliability block diagrams.
• Be a self-starter to execute a variety of project functions efficiently, professionally and on time.
• Be able to work within a multidisciplinary team environment.
• Good mathematical knowledge and analytical ability.
• Good technical writing skills.
• Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application
£36k - £38k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual