Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary - £40K-£45K depending on experience
Overtime is also available
There is also the opportunity for further development and my client would be willing to support and sponsor the right person through to chartered engineering status.
Summary of the role:
To support the growing electrical power and automation design department, my client is looking for an electrical and control systems designer that can develop and draft electrical schematics and panel layouts from scratch, assist with production of project documentation and support the assembly, testing and commissioning stages of the project.
The following are essential skills:
- The capability to produce schematic and general arrangement diagrams in E-plan (Preferred) or Auto-cad.
- Be able to project manage and produce the required project documentation to include Functional Design Specifications, FAT/SAT/SIT Procedures & Reports, , I/O Lists, Alarm Lists, Cause & Effect Matrices, FMECA documentation, Spare Parts Lists and other Project QA material and providing support to the Tendering and Proposals team as necessary.
- Produce Project based calculations such as Volt drop calculations and short circuit calculations on low fault level systems current inrush limiting calculations etc.
- Have an in-depth understanding of Discrimination or Selectivity and be able to show an understanding at the interview stage.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft or equivalent Office products.
- UK Passport
- Be willing/able to travel internationally if required
- Clean Driving Licence
The ideal candidate would also have practical hands on experience with panel building, installation and commissioning and would also be keen to participate in these stages to follow the designs from concept to completion over the full project life cycle.
You need to be highly motivated, practical and proactive engineer who is able to communicate well at all levels and be customer focused and commercially aware.
A suitable engineering qualification is required, HNC or better, together with the relevant experience required to deliver in a demanding environment with short delivery times.
Electrical/controls full project life cycle
Relevant engineering qualfication
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application
£25k - £28k Annual
£32k - £38k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual