Tekla 3D Engineering Technician
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Hinkley Point C is a nuclear site, based in West Somerset, 15 miles from Bridgwater. The NNB ambition is to build two major EPR nuclear plants.
Liaising with the design teams who produced the engineering studies (discussions on technical details, interpretation of minutes, reinforcement charts, constructive arrangements, methodologies, etc.)
Answer the technical inquiries of the civil engineering contractor who ensures the realisation of the reinforcement on site
Validate compliance of site adaptation requests with the studies already carried out
Propose or validate adaptations of reinforcement or methods, to make reinforced concrete verifications (Execution calculations)
Using Tekla 3D detailing package review existing models, produce local details to answer site queries etc, update the model where necessary or support drawing updates
To be familiar with previously made calculations to be able to answer the project manager or the civil engineering contractor
Build a solid relationship with the Client and the various project parties (Contractors / Design Office)
Conduct project follow-up meetings.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Experienced in the use of 3D Reinforced Concrete (RC) detailing packages.
* Minimum 5 years experience in a design office, in the industrial sector (nuclear is a plus).
* Experience on an execution phase project
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to work in a team as well as on own initiative.
* Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines.
* Highly organised with attention to detail.
* Ability to identify continuous improvements.
* MS office proficient.
* Use of Tekla 3D RC detailing package.
* Nuclear experience, working within a regulated, licenced environment.
* Membership of an appropriate professional institution would be an advantage.
* French language
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment
£25k - £35k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual