Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Commercial Manager - About The Role
You will work with lots of different customers with more focus on smaller value deals, high risk bids, or contracts - fast turn round & high volume. They will be complex bids (not routine tasking) & new customer contracts, not established agreements or contract changes. You will have management /oversight of multiple contracts so must have ability to multi task. Need to have had previous experience in a commercial role, ideally a minimum of 5 years in a company that is dealing with defence and security or a similar sector. High regulated or security focused companies would be considered. You will work with more sensitive customers – MOD, other government agencies, some overseas agencies.
As the Commercial Manager you will:
* Work closely with the business development and project teams to help structure, negotiate and close customer contracts to both commercial and defence markets.
* You will work with a number of different internal stakeholders to prepare the bid / commercial terms.
* You will draft, negotiate and manage; NDA, MoU’s, teaming agreements, TAAs and shareholder agreements.
* You will need to be a dynamic and enthusiastic person with a strong work ethic.
* You will be strong in both written and verbal English communication along with being highly numerate.
* You will enjoy debate and complex problem solving, and like to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
* You will have a desire to learn a complex, results-orientated profession which can be challenging.
* The role will provide coaching and informal supervisory duties to more junior members of the team.
* The role is to be based in Malvern but can be based in Bristol with frequent travel to Malvern and other customer sites.
The successful Commercial Manager will have:
* A proven track record of structuring, negotiating and closing deals.
* A wealth of experience of commercial management
* Ideally previous experience of working in the defence sector although other industries will be considered.
* Used to managing; NDA, MoU’s, teaming agreements, TAAs and shareholder agreements.
* A solid financial understanding and the impact finance has on bids/contracts/projects.
* Must be able to achieve full UK Security Clearance.
Commercial Manager – Benefits
* Salary of £50,000 - £55,000
* 25 days holiday
* On-site parking
* Pension matched to 7%
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
£35k - £50k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual