Java / Cloud Specialist - London - £650 pd
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
You will be working within a Public/Private API, Web Interface development team to identify needs, assess security requirements, design and develop the required components, document the low level design, provide in-depth technology input to other technology stakeholders, and conduct a code review periodically.
You will be part of development team working closely with the Lead Architect. You’ll work alongside multiple development teams and existing vendors to understand legacy API/web application, and design, develop and document the target technology components in AWS cloud
Essential skills and experience:
• Have demonstrable experience of developing public facing web applications using modern technology stack.
• Have demonstrable experience of successfully designing and implementing Public and Private API frameworks in cloud.
• Have demonstrable experience of design and implementation of API policy management frameworks and API Gateways (APIGee, CA , AWS API Gateway etc.).
• Have demonstrable experience in API security (SOAP/REST) and industry standard best practices to secure a public/private API hosted in cloud.
• Have demonstrable experience of successfully delivering digital solutions that collect and manage personal and/or sensitive information with appropriate controls and protection.
• Have demonstrable experience of implementing API in AWS cloud utilising AWS products and services.
• Have demonstrable hands-on experience of Java, API Gateway/Management & Policy frameworks, SOAP & Restful APIs, JWT, JWS/JWE, JOSE.
• Have demonstrable experience of documenting low level design and ability to work in an established design and governance process.
Nice-to-have skills and experience
• Have demonstrable experience of successfully and collaboratively working, coaching and sharing knowledge with Public Sector client teams, particularly those with limited agile development experience.
• Have demonstrable experience of successfully design, implementation and migration of SOAP based API services from legacy technologies utilising Amazon AWS.
• Have demonstrable experience of migrating applications and services from traditional data centre and infrastructure, network, to AWS cloud.
• Have demonstrable experience of migrating services off PSN to public cloud infrastructure.
This role will require SC Clearance. As such, all candidates should either hold existing clearance OR be eligible for SC Clearance and willing to go through the process.
• 12 month contract (As part of a 24 month project)
• £650PM (Outside of IR35)
• Central London Location
This is an excellent opportunity to join a world class technology team within a well-respected Government Department on a long term contract position.
If you closely match the skill and experience outlined and would like to be considered for the role, please respond to this advert or submit your up to date cv ASAP to:
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas
£45k - £50k Annual
£34k - £36k Annual
£60k - £80k Annual