Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
You will be involved with software development and maintenance for electrical test racks and ATE used to monitor and control telecoms and science satellites.
Ideally you will have previous experience within the Aerospace industry or similar.
The role of Software Engineer – Ground Support Equipment (GSE) is varied and will include:-
• Review, update and improve the test software used within test systems to control and monitor satellite subsystems and components during tests, including documenting the process.
• Develop, code and debug software and ATE scripting for new test rack solutions.
• Support the definition and testing of new Central Checkout system software, which is used to send commands, receive telemetry and provide test scripting.
• Maintain and support a test management database (Microsoft Access) including design changes to the database.
• Create the EGSE test specification with input from the electrical AIT engineer and subsystem architect. Support with the hardware aspects would be available if required.
Knowledge of the following is required:-
• Excellent test software programming, debug and documentation skills in a variety of languages including C++, Java and Labview along with scripting languages.
• Database design, implementation and maintenance including Microsoft access and SQL.
• Experience in configuring and programming ATE.
• Network and computer administration in Windows and Linux environments.
• Good documentation skills.
• Knowledge of version control, source code repositories etc.
• ATE environments such as PCI, VXI, PXI.
• Ideally willing to support shifts and travel overseas on test campaigns if required
• Software development on test equipment racks.
• Computer system and networks administration
• Programming and scripting languages
• Database management and support
• Preparing test specifications for test racks, reviewing data packs from suppliers and supporting reviews of test equipment design and non-conformances (predominantly focusing on the software aspects).
If you are a Software Engineer with a background in the Aerospace industry and would like to work for one of the world’s leading Aerospace companies, please apply on-line
£35k - £55k Annual