Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit an Electrical Maintenance Engineer to join our team in Perth.
Joining our team, the Electrical Maintenance Engineer will be responsible for delivering the Planned Maintenance (PM) schedules as defined by the site maintenance plans, working to a high standard and in a cost-effective manner. The Electrical Maintenance Engineer will also be responsible for planning, organising and undertaking corrective and reactive work and be responsible for delivering improvement projects leading to increased plant reliability and cost reduction.
You will ensure that all plant and equipment on sites is modified and improved to maximise equipment availability and performance and you will complete dynamic risk assessments where necessary to ensure that safe working practices are upheld. You will also:
- Be aware of stock control and maintain shift paperwork to the highest standard, to complete condition reports and other documentation as defined by the maintenance strategy
- Undertake assessments of malfunctioning equipment and provide advice to the site management team to assist and influence decision making
- Undertake engineering project work and assist with new installations or refurbishments
- Update and administer the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Attend daily operational review meetings, providing updates on Planned Maintenance compliance, live defects and ongoing improvement plans
Our ideal Electrical Maintenance Engineer will have:
- NVQ Level 3 in Electro-Technical Installations or equivalent discipline or City & Guilds in Electrical Installations or Electrotechnology
- 17th Edition certified
- Experience working within a processing, manufacturing or similar environment
- Awareness of Environmental, Health & Safety regulations and their impacts
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office systems
- Good understanding of a proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring
- Knowledge of CMMS systems, purpose and functionality
- Knowledge of electrical systems and safety
- Specific waste industry experience, MRF / MPT / Polymers would be advantageous
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Engineer, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status
£34k - £40k Annual
£35k - £38k Annual
£28k - £30k Annual
£36k - £36k Annual