Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary - £58,000 - £67,000 * dependant on experience
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Engineer, with 3rd / 4th line Infrastructure experience, to join an expanding team within the Financial Services. The ideal candidate, will be required to provide technical input to help implement new technologies, manage critical issues & assist on projects as well as BAU, problem management and act as the senior technical point of escalation for the team. Responsibility will include;
* Manage both BAU and project workloads; ensure a balance between BAU and projects can be managed effectively.
* Work closely with the TDAs to design and deliver new technologies.
* Work closely with the TDAs when critical incidents occur.
* Manage technical escalations to 3rd parties as required.
* Ensure the stability and security of live systems ensuring effective operation.
* Excellent documentation to provide technology handovers to the wider technical teams.
* Deliver technical change using change control mechanism, ensuring planning and testing is successful and change is predictable.
* Maintain the infrastructure through patching, upgrades and maintenance.
* Work closely with the wider IT teams to provide services where needed.
* Engage with key stakeholders across the business & groups.
* Be part of the IT on-call rota providing out of hours support when needed.
* You will also tackle problems across many diverse technologies, including SCCM, Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, SCCM, Wintel and conduct in-depth investigations and provide root cause analysis of incidents and outages.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience within a similar role with knowledge of Windows Server, Citrix, SCCM .You will significant experience in providing 3rd level (or higher) support within a corporate environment. Experience of supporting high availability and large server estates. Be a self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service. Someone who can quickly grasp and interpret salient information with the ability to take a can-do approach without the need for supervision. Good interpersonal skills and the confidence to communicate at all levels.
Some knowledge of XenMobile, Global Protect & XenDesktop. Security products such as Palo Alto, Cisco or ForeScout and experience of working in investment management and associated technologies involved within that financial area would also be desirable. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please email you CV via the link
£35k - £45k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£32k - £36k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual