Shift Team Leader - Energy from Waste
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
£50,000 + Benefits + Package
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on with a market leader in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries.
With four plants already in Operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Company at their 14MW facility in Lincolnshire.
We are looking for a Shift Manager to join the team on site, managing the day to day activities of the shift team and ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Energy from Waste plant.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as a Shift Team Leader will include:
* Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for day to day management of the Operations Team and the safe and efficient operation of the plant
* Deputising as Operations Manager to ensure critical decisions are made in a safe and professional manner
* Ensuring the plant is operating within its parameters whilst complying with strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
* Managing the sites safety systems including the permit to work system and acting as an Authorised Person for the purpose of issuing permits, switching and carrying out isolations (preferably with experience up to 33kv)
* Providing technical supervision and assistance where necessary for company and contract staff engaged in work
* Providing effective training and monitoring of shift staff to ensure personnel are competent to undertake their duties, this includes reviews and personal l Development Plans
* Working on outage planning (and assisting during outages), plant improvement projects and plant optimisation projects
* Working within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We are looking for someone with the following:
* A relevant technical qualification such as an ONC/HNC/HNC/Degree in an engineering discipline
* At least 5 years’ experience in an operational environment on a power station with Supervisory experience. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP or Nuclear.
* Senior Royal Navy Marine Engineers with significant watch-keeping experience will also be considered (Petty Officers/Chief Petty Officers/Warrant Officers)
* IOSH or NEBOSH
* Senior Authorised Persons Status or experience with High Voltage equipment would be an added bonus
* Excellent proven leadership skills
Salary & Benefits
What’s on offer for you:
* Competitive salary
* Performance related Bonus
* Benefits Package
* An opportunity to join one of the largest Waste Management Companies in the UK
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more, please contact Becki Saunders on (phone number removed) or email a CV and Cover Letter .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful
£20 - £20 Hourly
£25 - £30 Hourly