Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Due to company expansion they have undergone a restructure and Racon Resource are looking to recruit a number of key appointments into their mid and senior Management team. This is an excellent time to join this growing business.
We have an opportunity for a Sales Executive to join the team. Reporting directly to the Business Development Director, the Sales Executive is responsible for identifying, developing and implementing a strategy on all relevant sales opportunities. This is a hands-on role and the Sales Executive will be involved with all relevant opportunities. The Sales Executive is targeted with securing a minimum annual budget order intake on commercially acceptable terms for the business. There will be UK travel commitments with this role and possibly Europe.
Analysis and Strategic Vision
* Collate, compile and analyse accurate market intelligence on customers, competitors and suppliers (both existing and potential).
* Using market intelligence, develop and implement direct sales tactics, pricing models and customer relationship management processes. Use these tactics to develop, monitor and adjust short to medium term market plans.
* Execute winning sales tactics and market plans to achieve (or better) agreed sales targets.
* Assist with developing and recommending product positioning and pricing strategies to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
Customer Management/Business Development
* Identify and develop long term relationships with both existing and potentially new customers. Cultivate and develop industry relationships, maintain an awareness of current industry trends and actively participate in rail industry events and organisations in order to predict competitive behaviours, enhance the Company brand, and identify business opportunities.
* Help with developing, implementing and maintaining a customer relationship management (CRM) system to be rolled out and utilised across the business.
* Explore and recommend potential alliance and partnering relationships that will provide competitive advantage and long-term position strengthening.
* Respond to all enquiries in a timely manner. Ensure customer expectations are managed at all times.
* Help to manage an effective proposals management process covering bid/no bid decisions, risk review and commercial modelling.
* Assist with the co-ordination of all bid documentation including obtaining accurate technical and commercial input and ensuring all quotes are professionally written with a professional appearance prior to submission. Work closely with the engineering and commercial teams when compiling bids.
* Monitor all quoting resource and quote backlog to ensure that all bids are submitted on time and to customer specification (with alternative approach where applicable).
* Lead on all sales negotiations ensuring a successful hit rate.
* Manage relevant commercial discussions on margin, pain/gain, penalties and risk-taking advice from reporting.
* Help to organise publicity and marketing for all successful bids.
* Drive lessons learnt on all relevant bids (successful and unsuccessful) to identify improvement areas.
* Ensure robust and effective project handover to operations team in a timely manner.
* Maintain oversight of sales delivery performance ensuring customer expectations are managed at all times.
* Explore opportunity for margin growth and variation orders.
Management and Reporting
* Contribute to reporting on strategy progression, sales opportunity and client feedback in line with Company management reporting requirements.
* Contribute to reporting on budget costing and resource needs.
* University Graduate in a relevant technical subject preferred
* A Level/GCSE education essential
* At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant industrial field essential, with 5 years’ experience preferred
If you would like to apply, please upload your CV for immediate consideration. Thank you in advance.
Racon Resource are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business