Lead Design/Control Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Design, test, commission and install industrial control systems. Design software and hardware for control systems to meet customers’ requirements.
To support delivery of projects across a variety of sectors, including but not limited to:
* Nuclear – Design, plan & project manage control systems for new build and decommissioned sites (e.g. Hinckley Point, Sellafield)
* Energy – Design innovative solutions & control systems for energy transmission & power generation sites, including renewable energy, CHP plants, district heating and hydro generation (e.g. London Road DH, Staythorpe PS)
* Bridges & Transport – Design control & monitoring systems for various bridge types, including; railway bridge upgrades, underground metro systems, hydraulic bascule bridges, winched deck bridges and vertical–lift bridges (e.g. Dubai Metro System, Selby Railway Swing Bridge, Kingsferry Road/Railway Bridge)
Waterways – Design flood alleviation schemes & level/flow management control systems for waterways, including penstocks, sluice gates, rubber dams and tilting weirs (e.g. River Avon river level management, Flood Alleviation Schemes across the UK and Sarihidir Rubber Dam in Turkey).
Candidates must meet the following:
* A minimum of 3-5 years’ relevant experience in control engineering or electrical design engineering.
* Degree in Engineering
* SCADA/PLC/Motor Control/Drives Knowledge
* Practical problem solver
* Customer facing with good communication skills
* Ability to work to procedures in detail
* Highly motivated and disciplined
£30k - £35k Annual
£16k - £16k Annual