Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 per annum
Location: Chelmsford, Essex
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Finance Manager - About us:
At giant group, we offer compliance-driven workforce management solutions, using unrivalled cloud-based technology and smart managed services worldwide. Who do we work for? Independent contractors who want employment or limited company services. Recruitment agencies and other businesses that get ahead with our applicant-tracking software, pre-employment screening checks, or back-office software to manage on-boarding, timesheets, billing and payroll. Plus all those companies, big and small, who benefit from the end-to-end management of contingent workers, including neutral vendor control, employment and off-payroll working solutions.
As our newest team member the first thing that will strike you about giant is the great culture and working environment. We are an innovative, collaborative and entrepreneurial organisation that has been going strong for 25 years that supports and nurtures our staff.
Welcome to a rapidly expanding business where your ideas are lapped up and people thrive on the fast-paced energy it exuberates. There is a huge opportunity to develop your career so, if you’re hungry, driven, seeking a challenge and excellent at what you do, then it makes total sense that giant is where you want to shine, grow and develop to your full potential.
Our company culture is unique, it encourages you to get involved in the direction we take and engage with everybody everywhere. We want to give you the tools and support to overachieve, our clients love working with us and our staff enjoy the day to day engagement and challenges thrown at us, with easy commute routes into the office in Chelmsford where you can experience the energy and comradery.
Finance Manager - About the role:
As the Finance Manager you will be responsible for the financial accounting of current and capital expenditure/income for giant group businesses and ensure that accounts produced are complete, accurate and compliant with legislation as well as agreed financial timetable.
This position will report directly into the Group Chief Financial Officer with the overall responsibility for:
- Providing business insight and partnering to key operational stakeholders through target setting and management together with day to day financial risk management
- Comply with accounting procedures and business controls that will enable results to be produced and reviewed in line with current financial accounting standards and business policies
- Produce accurate and reconciled accounting statements to meet requirements per stakeholders including (but not restricted to) tax returns, statistics and other statutory information
Finance Manager - About you:
You are curious, creative, energetic and enthusiastic, able to multi-task and often work independently in a client facing environment in a consultative manner with experience of forging and maintaining working partnerships with all stakeholders.
You have proven experience as a Finance Manager with extensive and strong understanding of accounting standards, with the ability to:
- Produce accounts from ledgers to financial accounting standards together with the production of management information and reports.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of financial accounting systems and making good use of reporting, enquiries and analysis.
- Experience of financial accounts practices; strong reconciliation capabilities
- Challenge current thinking and working across the team to improve the performance of the finance function.
Finance Manager - Essential requirements:
- Excellent communication and support skills
- Ability to adapt to an industry that is constantly evolving
- Timetable, process and time management driven
- Ability to prepare monthly management accounts for group reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Ability to work with systems & technology knowledge of Sage Line 50 an advantage
Finance Manager - Benefits:
- Personal development and training with defined career progression
- You receive giant advantage our award-winning employee reward scheme
- Flexible work pattern
- Cycle to work, and car salary sacrifice schemes – saving you £000s per annul
- Social events/nights out
- Fruit Mondays
- Weekly dress down Friday
- Office games (table tennis, pool and table football) and much more.
If that’s you and you are excited about making that leap, then we would be delighted to meet you. It’s an excellent opportunity for you and us where we can provide innovation, freedom and for you to be part of something big.
All our posts are subject pre-employment checks. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and we look forward to all applicants and applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the job and to consider them on their abilities