Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client, who provide the children of Hackney outstanding education's are looking to recruit a Finance Assistant to work as part of a close-knit multi-functional professional team, which will operate flexibly to meet pressured and complex demands.
The Finance Assistant will provide support for the finance function of the four schools within the organisation. The organisation implemented a new finance system which the Finance Assistant will be expected to play an active part in the effective use of the system.
* Location: Hackney, East London
* Pay: £10.10-£10.82 p/hr
* Hours: Full time - 40 hrs per week
* Type: Ongoing
* Start Date: ASAP
* To ensure that all financial queries relating to orders, ParentPay, sales and purchase invoices are resolved promptly.
* To ensure that correct protocol is followed for the procurement of goods and services as well as for the reimbursement of staff expenses.
* To process purchase orders, staff expenses, purchase and sales invoices in a timely manner.
* To prepare payment of invoices to suppliers, ensuring the purchase ledger is kept up to date with all invoices and credit notes posted on a timely basis.
* Undertake bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
* Process any overdraft allowances for pupils which have been authorised by Heads of Year / SLT.
* To resolve queries from staff and pupils on ParentPay, including but not limited to processing refunds on ParentPay.
* Ensure receipts are correctly recorded and banked promptly.
* Maintenance of accounts filing system, suitable for audit purposes.
* To support colleagues across the organisation with training on placing orders for goods and services and subsequent receipting of same on the finance database.
* To process monthly credit card transactions generated by colleagues and train cardholders on compliance with regulations (e.g. receipts must be provided for all transactions).
* To support the Chief Operating Officer and Finance Manager with preparing clear and concise information for year-end.
* In addition, assist with resolving queries raised by auditors / Responsible Officer in areas overseen.
* To work diligently with colleagues within the team to ensure that service level agreements are achieved through the provision of a first class service.
* To adopt a flexible approach to working practices and to provide support in any area finance where business need arises, under the direction of the Finance Manager or Chief Operating Officer.
* A sound knowledge of accounts filing systems for audit purposes.
* Experience of purchase ledger and accounts.
* Knowledge of financial processes and regulations associated with general financial administration.
* Able to work as part of a team and to communicate effectively with wide range of internal and external partners.
* The ability to resolve financial issues relating to users.
* Experience of using PS Financials Software.
* Good computing skills, particularly in Excel, and the ability to learn new software packages easily.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and able to explain financial concepts to financial and non-financial audiences.
* Excellent organisation and time management skills.
* Able to manage and work to deadlines whilst remaining calm under pressure.
* Flexible and proactive in approach to work and in tasks undertaken.
* Undertake training as required to so in order to fulfil the requirements of the role.
* Genuine interest in the education of people.
* Studying towards an accounting qualification or Degree level qualification in accounting or related subject.
If this is the role for you, then apply today! Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Adecco is an equal opportunities provider.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://(url removed)/candidate-privacy
£28k - £36k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual
£28k - £36k Annual