Infrastructure Technical Architect (UK Nationwide)
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
An excellent opportunity for a Technical Architect to manage Enterprise level customers as they deliver against their IT strategy! Exciting times for Capita IT & Networks as we drive for growth and deliver better outcomes for our customers.
As the Technical Architect you will work with operational and project teams to provide detailed designs and guidance on various aspects of infrastructure solutions. You will be responsible for producing high level and low-level designs, and providing guidance and support for transition, transformation and delivery on a variety of initiatives such as SAN migrations, data centre moves, server based computing and desktop transformation technologies such as VDI and application virtualisation. The Technical Architect also applies functional knowledge and technical expertise to design systems that support customer needs.
The position will be located out of the nearest Capita office in London, the Midlands, or Belfast, with some travel to customer and other sites in the UK required from time to time. We also operate a flexible working environment.
What you will do:
* To be responsible and accountable for the design of an integrated technical solution across all streams of a project or small programme
* To understand the technical problems, challenges and complexities that exist within each stream or area of a programme and be able to manage and/or liaise with other technical stream leads to arrive at an integrated technical solution that meets the business requirements.
* Promote co-operation, and where necessary, coach and facilitate co-ordination of all technical streams leaders of a programme to achieve the successful delivery of an integrated technical solution.
* Identifies, understands and quantifies technical risk and advises on strategies to mitigate that risk.
* Support the project / programme manager in understanding the technical risks, dependencies and issues that exist, be able to quantify these and the impact that they may have on the project / programme.
* Ensures that all the agreed business requirements to be satisfied by the project are implemented in the overall solution, are traceable and are compatible with the project’s technical architecture.
* Support the Solutions Architect to develop and enhance standards, policies/guidelines whilst driving adoption of standards.
* Perform audits, peer reviews and due diligence as required.
* Leverage and influence change programmes to develop/enhance the standards, policies/guidelines whilst driving adoption of standards.
* Minimum of 5 years reviewing and creating design documents as a subject matter expert for infrastructure solutions.
* Technical design, configuration, and implementation expertise within large-scale Transformations and Migrations.
* Expertise in two or more of the core Microsoft Products (AD, SQL Server, SCCM/WSUS/MDT, App-V/VDI, Hyper-V, Exchange, Lync, SharePoint and Forefront), VMware or Citrix in a highly resilient environment is useful
* Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience with infrastructure architecture, implementation and support expertise.
* Expert technical and technical leadership skills.
* Technical risk identification and management.
* Planning and management of technical infrastructure tasks.
About Capita IT & Networks
Capita IT & Networks are a division of Capita plc, delivering a portfolio of IT infrastructure and network solutions covering everything from strategic and technical consulting, through to full outsourced solutions. We’re currently one of the top five providers in the industry, and a market leader within the UK public sector with the number one market share in local government, education and health. We need your technical know-how to support us in offering our exceptional, scalable range of capabilities.
What’s in it for you?
* A competitive basic salary
* 25 days holiday (rising to 27)
* Pension, life assurance, holiday buy, a cycle2work scheme…and plenty more
* Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle – from retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing and leisure discounts
Don’t underestimate the fact that you’ll also be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact Michael Rosbotham on (phone number removed) for guidance.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership
£30k - £55k Annual
£20k - £20k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£20k - £25k Annual