Windows Design Specialist
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
My reputable client is looking for Windows Specialist who has strong experience with Windows Server design and deployment.
You will be involved in migration and separation of all shared services from the Parent Company data centres onto a new public cloud landing zone being created in AWS by the subsidiary company Cloud COE team.
This role will work exclusively on subsidiary company autonomy discovery, migration preparations and execution activity.
* Work with the existing technical teams of subsidiary to complete discovery work on the parent’s existing infrastructure to support cloud sizing and migration planning
* Work with the existing subsidiary application and architecture teams to complete to-be App design for the target infra
* Support the creation of the To Be design for new subsidiary greenfield AD
* If necessary support deployment of automated discovery tooling
* Support the subsidiary Cloud COE team with the setup and testing of the new landing zone as required
* Act as contact point in the wider parent company infra teams for a backlog of support work including change requests, information requests and knowledge transfer activity into subsidiary IT
* Support subsidiary Architecture team with parent company specific process such as Technical Design authority etc
* Support subsidiary IT with delivery of Proof of Concepts to demonstrate solutions
* Production of operating instructions and leading the knowledge transfer to build and support teams for new technology
Key Skills Required:
* Designing and Deploying Windows Server (Apply online only) solutions including HA
* Microsoft Active Directory migration experience
* Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, PowerShell, including Desired Configure State
* Experienced with Hyper-V, VMWare
* Experience of providing Windows Server based solutions in AWS - any experience of automation using Terraform will be an advantage
* Microsoft SCOM, WSUS and SCCM
* Designing and Deploying Microsoft SQL (Apply online only) solutions including clustering an advantage
* Linux or Cloud experience
If you are interested, please apply or send your CV