Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
The Supervisor will be responsible for the Book-keeping team, completing client accounts following Director meetings, occasionally undertaking the preparation of client accounts and assisting with the provision of a comprehensive accounting and business advisory service to clients. Also, for contributing significantly to on the job development of fellow team members.
1. Review of the bookkeeping team work, including VAT returns and general bookkeeping. Including the managing of the workflow of the bookkeeping team and VAT return deadlines.
2. To manage all client queries within the portfolio of bookkeeping.
3. When required to assist with/advise on the preparation of client management accounts.
4. To ensure that all technicians and trainees within his/her department receive effective on the job training and experience to complement their studies, whilst at the same time meeting work priorities.
5. To prepare monthly fees for the bookkeeping department, or for any manager where assistance is required.
6. The occasional preparation of client accounts, up to final stage dependent on the complexity of the business, for approval/ signing off by their manager or director.
7. The completion of client accounts to strict deadlines following initial preparation by junior staff or following year end meeting, for final signing off by a Director.
8. To develop and maintain a close working relationship with clients to gain their respect and understand their business, and also to identify any opportunities for cross selling of other group services.
9. To provide technical support to all staff when required.
10. To promptly report to their manager/director any concerns which may affect the firm’s client relationship e.g. money laundering, unethical business practice, complaints etc.
11. To respect client confidentiality and report any issues which may affect client relationships to their manager / director.
12. To keep up to date with technical matters by reading and attending relevant training courses.
1. Must be AAT or ACA or ACCA qualified or qualified by experience e.g. approx. 5 years general practice experience.
2. Must have experience of VAT to be able to review the VAT returns produced by the bookkeeping team.
3. Must be able to prepare accounts to final stage.
4. Must be able to demonstrate effective staff management and communication skills.
5. Must be able to demonstrate effective client inter-personal skills including the management of client expectations.
6. Must be able to actively manage own workloads and take responsibility for own development.
7. Must possess IT skills to operate in-house programmes and prepare and develop spreadsheets as necessary.
8. Must be fully conversant with accounts preparation programmes. Experience in Iris, Xero, Sage and QuickBooks are welcomed but not essential.
9. Must possess a good working knowledge of accounting standards and the accounting provisions of the Companies Act.
10. Must have experience of preparation of company and unincorporated tax computations.
11. Must be able to work to deadlines.
Our client is offerring the following benefits for the right candidate;
Company pension scheme
Permanent Health Insurance
Annual holiday purchase/sell scheme
Cycle to Work scheme
Supportive working environment
Attractive salary for the right candidate
£35k - £40k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual