Senior Data Scientist
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
About the role
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen to join Capita as a Senior Data Scientist to work on a number of exciting new technology initiatives like Chatbots, Blockchain, Knowledge Mining, and Artificial Intelligence.
You will participate in the ongoing development and growth of our Data Science team and data platform. Using cutting edge analysis techniques, you will contribute to generate new opportunities, utilize data to open new value streams for our customers, deliver commercial benefits and improve customer experience. You will build and support the team and strategy to assemble our data ecosystem and build new propositions.
What you will do:
* Manage Scrum teams within an Agile Framework to design, develop, build and deploy new propositions
* Manage the relationship between Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Product Owners teams to turn insightful data analysis into scalable quality Data Science products
* Be a leading specialist within the team for an advanced area within Data Science such as Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision or similar.
* Provide technical training and support to junior members of the team.
* Develop and write project proposals
Your experience will include:
* Machine l Degree educated in a STEM subject.
* Strong programming skills in at least two of the following languages: Python, R, Spark, SQL.
* Excellent understanding of Machine Learning techniques and algorithms
* Professional experience in an advanced area of Data Science such as Anomaly Detection, Ensemble Modelling, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision or similar.
* Broad experience of Cloud Computing (exposure to Azure environment highly beneficial)
* Professional experience in Scrum / Agile Methodology (Scrum Master certification preferred)
* Proven experience in managing and delivering data science projects and teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from outside the field.
* Ability to deliver high-quality work under pressure in a fast-paced Agile environment.
About Capita People Solutions:
Capita is an international business process outsourcing and professional services company headquartered in London. Our digital and business process solutions help clients increase productivity, enhance their use of technology and data, and improve customer and public services.
People Solutions are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately.
As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact Catherine Gander on (phone number removed) or for a confidential chat
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership
£40k - £50k Annual
£50k - £75k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£41k - £62k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£75k - £110k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual
£335 - £336 Daily