Associate, Annuity Asset Origination
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
DBS is rapidly growing to become a leading player in the Bulk Purchase Annuities market and has ambition to continue growing quickly both in the UK and abroad. As part of the Aviva Group, DBS also plays a key role in driving the development of the overall Aviva de-risking proposition to DB schemes, working particularly closely with Aviva Investors.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast-growing, dynamic team with a “start-up” feel, in the BPA space which is one of the most active and exciting parts of the pensions/insurance market.
The role will be a varied one, supporting projects which will significantly influence the direction of the DBS business, having a lasting impact on way that Aviva chooses the assets to back its BPA liabilities.
There should be ample opportunity for ongoing career development in this fast-growing, rapidly-evolving environment.
What will the role include?
* Working on the design and development of quantitatively-oriented investment-related models, techniques and tools used in: annuity pricing decisions, asset-liability modelling, and investment strategy design.
* Working on projects relating to the introduction of new asset classes, or broader exposure to existing asset classes, into the annuity asset strategy.
* Working on bespoke asset strategies to back specific deals, including consideration of the right choices of liquid versus illiquid assets, and physical versus derivative assets.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
* Excellent coding, modelling and spreadsheet skills, with a track record of delivery in this area.
* Working knowledge of a wide variety of asset types, both physical and derivative.
* Strong quantitative background illustrated through education such as a degree and/or relevant professional qualifications (CFA or IFoA).
* Ability to network well, work productively and collaboratively in a team environment, and interact positively and dedicatedly with colleagues of all levels of seniority.
* An ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms.
* Direct experience of working in long-term pension or insurance investment, annuities, and/or cashflow-driven/low-risk portfolio management.
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You can download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure Aviva as a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme