Assistant Project Manager
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Due to company expansion they have undergone a restructure and Racon Resource are looking to recruit a number of key appointments into their mid and senior Management team. This is an excellent time to join this growing business.
We have an opportunity for an Assistant Project Manager to join the team. Responsible for the project change management process. Reporting to the Project Manager, the Assistant Project Manager shall ensure the process is managed and maintained throughout the lifecycle of the projects, as allocated to the role by the Company Project Management manual. Providing reports, problem solving and interfacing with other project functions to validate and optimise the change management process.
The Assistant Project Manager ensures contract changes and scope creep is measured and accounted for. As a result, provides data to ensure billable work is captured and invoiced ensuring profitable growth. In addition, the Assistant Project Manager provides data to the Project Planner to ensure the impact of contract change is measured in project schedules to accurately forecast project completion dates.
* Maintain all project change management orders (AW & AAW) in IFS and other software tools as suitable eg. Excel.
* Produce customer CVR reports in Excel or other software tools as required to enable commercial negotiations.
* Produce project variation reports to allow accurate measurement of project change using Cost, Revenue and Margin in IFS and Excel.
* Analyse and review project change management commercial progress to forecast completion margin and cash.
* Provide project variation impact (hours and timelines) to the Project Planner to enable impact analysis on completion dates and resource demands.
* Review planned (core) project scope and using norms and historical data, identify potential AW & AAW to facilitate early up-sales and risk mitigation due to lead times and rescores constraints.
* Work with the Project Accountant to produce accurate forecast to completion margins.
* Prepare required data in refinedness for project review and monthly reporting.
* Attend and support customer contract and project review meetings.
* Support the Bid process when required.
* Contribute to continuous improvement efforts to improve safety and quality, reduce cost, and cycle time.
* Carry out other related tasks to ensure project delivery success.
* University Graduate preferred
* Apprenticeship in Construction/Engineering discipline preferred
* At least 3 - 5 years’ experience of contract management/commercial management in a construction environment
* At least 5 – 10 years’ experience of working within project management teams
If you would like to apply, please upload your CV for immediate consideration. Please note, should you be offered the position you will be required to undertake a drug and alchohol test. Thank you in advance.
Racon Resource are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business
£350 - £360 Daily
£0 - £33k Annual