Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join an established engineering organisation who specialise in the provision of underground and foundation solutions to a range of industries.
Joining a close knit team of Mechanical Design Engineers, the successful candidate will be responsible for working across the full project lifecycle from R&D to design and manufacture and finally installation and commissioning.
In order to succeed in this role, you'll need demonstrable experience in the following areas:-
* Degree qualified in Mechanical or Structural Engineering
* Experienced in 2D and 3D modelling using Inventor
* Fully proficient in Microsoft Office applications
* Understanding of Hydraulic Systems and Instrumentation
* Experience of designing heavy plant fabrications or heavy lifting
On a day to day basis the successful Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the following activities: -
* Design and implement cost-effective equipment or modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
* Develop a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines
* Discuss and solve complex problems with, suppliers and customers..
* Ensuring a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
* Managing projects.
* Produce details of specifications for a design.
* Recommend modifications following testing results.
* Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design.
* Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
* Work with other professionals, within and outside the Plant Engineering Department.
* Monitor and commission a design.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to find out more about this position, please contact Kate Sandy at Vantage Consulting on or email
This role is based in Ormskirk
£30k - £33k Annual
£30k - £37k Annual