Lead Electronics Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Your new company
96,000 employees, in more than 175 countries my clients comprehensive portfolio of components consistently sets the industry standard for engineering excellence. Their energy-efficient products and services help their customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more reliably, efficiently, safely and sustainably.
Your new role
Your key deliverables:
* Work alongside the analog, power electronics, controls and electromagnetics engineers and associated product teams to develop motor control solutions for various products solutions including but not limited to Brushless DC, AC and brushed DC motor controllers.
* Responsibility includes execution of highly technical projects spanning from concept development and requirements definition through to detailed design, requirements verification and in-service specialist electronics support.
* These projects require the use of simulation and analysis tools, design for reliability, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and design for manufacture methodologies, as appropriate for civil & military aerospace applications.
* This position acts as the project technical lead and works within a small to medium sized technical team of power electronics, digital and analog electronics and control engineering specialists reporting to the Engineering Manager – Electronics, Swiss Centre of Excellence – EMEA.
* Support technical input for internal and customer Design Reviews as required.
* Work to aerospace standards such as ARP4754A, DO160, DO254, DO178 and other required standards as applicable.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experienced in the design of digital and analogue low voltage electronics control, health and reporting solutions.
* The successful candidate should have an in depth practical knowledge and experience of electronics design and development for low voltage motor control solutions, health monitoring systems, primarily with Brushless DC motors, but experience of other motors including AC motors, Brushed DC, stepper motors, synchronous motors and other types would be a distinct advantage, as would previous experience in a safety critical electronics arena, such as aerospace, automotive, rail or nuclear industry. The role includes close coordination with the digital electronics team working with model-based design for FPGA and MCU implementation. Therefore, a good understanding of digital electronics is a key element.
* Knowledge and experience of modelling and simulation tools including PSpice, LTSpice, SIMetrix, ModelSim, MATLAB and/or SABER.
* Knowledge of specifying electronic device parameters and assessment for stress and derating
* Excellent organizational & communication skills are of importance, as the role will involve working across the business, with various engineering groups including mechanical, electrical and electronics, manufacturing engineering, supply chain and production.
* Experience with communications interfaces, such as ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, AFDX, CAN, Ethernet etc. would be beneficial.
* Extensive experience in the use of various laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, signal generators and analyzers.
* Development and verification of aerospace electronics solutions as required.
* Good communication skills including report writing and project status reporting both written and verbal.
What you'll get in return
* Competitive compensation and benefits package
* Contract in fast growing global company
* Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
* Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
* Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are important for us
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
£24k - £28k Annual
£30k - £50k Annual
£20k - £23k Annual
£321 - £40k Annual