Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client, a global business services company are currently seeking a Financial Accountant to join their team on a long term permanent basis.
With numerous locations around Europe this role will work closely with overseas accountants and previous experience of working in an international multi-site business will be essential for this role.
Financial Accountant Key Responsibilities:
* Supporting the Finance Manager and working with three assistant accountants on all financial accounting for the UK & European businesses.
* Liaising with our accounting and tax agents on continental Europe.
* Perform reconciliations between local country GAAP and UK GAAP, documenting local country GAAP adjustments.
* Assisting with monthly close to global deadlines including preparation and posting of month-end journals.
* Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations and resolving any differences.
* Assist with intercompany reconciliations and invoicing.
* Preparing data for foreign VAT returns and ensuring these are correctly reported to the local fiscal authority
* Assist with preparation of group financial statements
* Assist the Finance Manager with queries/requests for information from auditors and external accountants throughout Europe, Russia and Middle East.
* Liaising with Accounts Payable and Billing Teams to ensure that costs are correctly allocated to each business unit
* Assistance with ad-hoc projects as and when required
Financial Accountant Key Skills:
* Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
* Previous experience of an international multi-site business with exposure to FX transactions.
* Experience of preparing group financial statements in accordance with FRS 102.
* A good knowledge of Microsoft Excel including pivot tables and V-lookups.
* Professional services experience would be desirable.
To apply for this role please click ‘apply’ or email your CV for immediate consideration
£350 - £425 Daily
£42k - £42k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual