Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Location Information - Camberwell
Salary £38.5k (+OT)
A local manufacturer is now looking for a Shift Engineer to join their team. Working a 4-weekly rota (including 1 week of nights) plus 1 Saturday every 4 weeks (Saturdays at 1.5 times basic rate. OT Monday to Saturday above 42 hours at 1.5 times and Sundays/Bank Holidays at double time).
Shift Engineer - Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for attending to breakdowns promptly and ensuring all work orders and planned maintenance tasks are completed Delivering training and support to operator level functions where required.
- You are to ensure individual accountability for best practise and keeping skills up to date
- You will also be required carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by lead engineer, production or shift managers or other members of the site management team.
- Ensure that performance of plant is maintained at agreed levels - aim of 100%.
- Plan and complete tasks for self from PPM and Manufacturers schedules.
- Planned maintenance tasks including daily checks.
- Communicate requirements or issues to the relevant personnel: Production, planning, technical etc.
- Receive, prioritise, and complete work orders.
- Provide feedback to relevant personnel on issues and/or completion of tasks. Assist with Instruction and demonstration of efficient machine operation with production, hygiene and technical as required
- Completion of maintenance projects: Modifications, or process upgrades
- Continuous improvement
- Services i.e. Electrical, air, vacuum, etc.
- Additional projects as needed or requested on an ongoing basis
Shift Engineer - Person Specification
- Able to work rotating shift pattern.
- Maintenance of PPM & Defect systems - completion of paperwork, requests, etc. Measurement of downtime on relevant lines.
- To return equipment to production with minimal downtime.
- Booking in/out of spare parts used or requested. Sourcing and ordering of spares.
- Management of contractors as/where/when required.
For more information please call Emily Jackson on (phone number removed)
LEAN Engineering Recruitment Ltd are acting as a 3rd party on behalf of our client. All applications will be held on our database for current and future positions.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard from LER within 10 working days then your application has been unsuccessful but please feel free to contact us for an update
£35k - £40k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£39k - £40k Annual
£40k - £41k Annual