Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are actively seeking the applications of a Senior Electrical Design Engineer for a recently available position in one of the world’s largest Multi-Disciplinary Engineering Consultancies, with over 10,000 employees world-wide, across the UK, Europe, North America, Middle East and Asia. Within this role you will be working out of the Birmingham, but you will be exposed to global projects.
Alongside a team of talented engineers, you can expect to work on projects across all their focus markets, including Aviation, Cities & Development, Commercial, Defence, Energy and Transportation. Additionally, you will be working as a leading figure in the established team of expert design engineers and technicians. You will be working closely with colleagues of various disciplines, preparing, overseeing, and managing detailed engineering designs.
Furthermore, this senior electrical design engineer will work closely with bid teams to capture internal and external business opportunities in the relevant sectors. You’ll have the ability to take a brief, provide a comprehensive Building Services bid response and to lead a team to deliver project design services.
Within this role you can expect to be involved with the day-to-day co-ordination and supervision of the activities of a small team, monitoring progress against project plans and budgets, identifying potential issues and referring them to a more senior manager. Supporting the development of less experienced team members is key, along with checking the work of less experienced staff in accordance with operational procedures. Representing the business at meetings with third parties is important, and pro-actively managing your own professional development within the framework provided by accredited training agreements.
* Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services
* Engineering or related subjects
* Chartered Engineer or working towards being a Chartered Engineer with CIBSE/IET
* Good level of computer literacy in Amtech, Dialux/Relux, NES and Microsoft packages.
* Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor environment is desirable
* Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
* Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
If you would like to apply for the role, please apply now or contact Andrew Wilson at Calibre Search on (phone number removed) or email via
Calibre Search promote equality in the workplace and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified candidates regardless of their sex, race, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age. We act as both an employment agency and employment business
£32k - £38k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual