Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are seeking an experienced Actuarial Analyst in the pensions industry to join our team in Harrogate.
In the role, the successful individual will deliver high quality actuarial work within the Actuarial Technical Centre (ATC) in our pension business. The Actuarial Team at Capita provide a broad range of tailored actuarial services to trustees of pension schemes of all sizes, including cash balance and hybrid arrangements.
What you will do:
* Ability to provide support in relation to the following tasks:
* Calculations in respect of actuarial valuations or other funding exercises
* Calculations in respect of pension scheme accounting (FRS,IAS/US GAAP)
* Perform some regular core tasks on behalf of the Investment Consulting Practice, such as Performance Monitoring and Investment Strategy Reviews
* Check and review data and benefit services performed for clients operating in the Bulk Annuity market
* Any other core routine tasks or projects that are allocated to the ATC such as Scheme Returns or Postcode Mortality analysis
* Designing and running non-standard spreadsheet calculations
* Drafting reports, letters, memoranda and presentations
* Check/review work of other ATC Analysts in accordance with agreed standards
* Proficient in checking accuracy of valuation software input and output
* Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure smooth running of projects. Adhere to and contribute to budget setting and project cost monitoring
* Project management of other bespoke tasks entering the ATC
* Active participation in and contribution to a Practice Area Specialist Group
* Make positive contributions to changes in processes and models
* Continual personal development of pensions related knowledge
Your experience will include:
* Pensions actuarial experience
* Honours graduate in a mathematical subject or A-B grade in A-level Mathematics (or maths related subject)
* Good IT skills including Microsoft and PFaroe or an equivalent valuation programme
* Good communication skills
* Proactive and able to work flexibly under pressure
* Commercially aware
* Works positively with colleagues
About Employee Solutions
Capita Employee Solutions has evolved from the merger of Capita Employee Benefits and Capita HR Solutions, creating an end-to-end capability currently unequalled within the market. Offering the most comprehensive range of employee engagement services in the market, Capita Employee Solutions is uniquely positioned to assist organisations in delivering outsourced and co-sourced pensions administration, employee benefits consultancy, HR payroll, talent management and cutting-edge technology.
As the largest employee engagement consultancy in the UK, Capita Employee Solutions manages employee benefits via Orbit for more than 1 million people, administers 4.8 million members’ pensions and provides 3 million payslips a year. The workforce comprises more than 3,000 employees operating from 21 locations across the UK and providing services to more than 3,100 public and private sector clients.
Using technology, insight and analytics to underpin everything we do, we play a pivotal role in helping clients to deliver modern services efficiently, effectively and to the highest standard.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership