Structural Project Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Burton on Trent
£30,000 – 48,000 depending on level
Location: Based in Burton office but must be flexible to work at Clients sites both UK and overseas, sometimes for extended periods.
Reporting To: Head of Building and Civil Engineering
• Working as an effective member of a multi-disciplined project team supporting or leading the building and civil engineering discipline.
• Developing commercially focused innovative engineering solutions to solve complex client problems with responsibility for delivery from initial conception through to final handover.
• Management & coordination of building and civil engineering construction activities on site - taking responsibility for technical aspects of the project, including interface with other disciplines, design, scope, snagging.
• Supporting site manager in the management of contractors & Services
• Committed to delivering project objectives within capital, time, quality and legislative parameters.
• Professional approach incorporating best practice and internally developed QA and design procedures.
• Actively seek to gain experience in a wide arena of product types and within different FMCG sectors leading to senior engineer role and more autonomy.
• Provide consultative support to Clients to identify process improvements or changes to existing processes.
• Support Clients in Capex development process.
• Provide tailored engineering solutions incorporating an appropriate blend of innovation and practicality. Requirements for drawings will range from initial concepts through to as installed.
• Ensuring project deliverables are met – production of clear unambiguous engineering outputs including specifications and scope of work incorporating measurable performance requirements.
• Contractor Selection – carry out detailed tender analysis including commercial and technical evaluations.
• Project profitability – control of capital expenditure and contractor variations.
• Preparation and management of project programme in conjunction with the client / suppliers.
• Site Management – at the appropriate time in the project the engineers’ duties will require them to be site based and carry out the management / coordination of contractors during the construction phase of the project.
• Ensure key project dates are achieved.
• Compile and issue final documentation.
• Profitability – control of man hours and expenses.
• QA – contribute to and work to CBA’s / SOP’s & client systems and procedures.
• Legislation – ensure project compliance with legal requirements including CDM, Building Regulations and Planning Consents.
• Take a prominent role in the consultative selling and promotion of company services.
• Carry out concept, feasibility and design studies to meet client’s capex plans.
Skills & Characteristics
• Degree educated in relevant discipline
• Attained or working towards Chartered Engineer status
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Flexibility to travel internationally, as and when required
• IT literate and proficient in the use of MS Office, MS Project and AUTOCAD
• Driving Licence & car owner (essential)
• Midlands based, living within a commutable distance of Burton office
• System design & project delivery experience from within the FMCG (brewing/food/drink/pharmaceutical) industry, advanced and renewable technologies
£26k - £36k Annual
£32k - £40k Annual
£30k - £45k Annual