Senior Database Administrator
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
£51000 - £57000 salary plus mileage & corporate benefits
Randstad are delighted to be working with a major welfare to work, health and social care provider. They are recruiting for a Senior Database Administrator responsible for maintaining the company's database systems including back-up, capacity planning and performance monitoring. The role is primarily based in Birmingham with some travel required.
* Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning.
* Monitor, maintain database systems and troubleshoot problems that may arise.
* Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of database users).
* Use tools like SQL Profiler for database tuning. Generate traces, execution plans, identify performance issues, deadlocks/contention and resolve them.
* Develop strategies and implement solutions for managing back-ups, restoration and replication.
* Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and the creation of stored procedures.
* Proactive housekeeping/archiving and shrinking of databases.
* Manage production, QA and development database environments.
* Set up and maintain database infrastructure for the company’s BI needs.
Knowledge & Experience:
* Extensive experience with MS SQL and writing T-SQL
* Experience in SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, Server Clustering and ETL development
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex, technical information, and high levels of problem solving
* Full driving licence
For more information about this role, please apply with your CV.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone
£50k - £75k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual
£45k - £52k Annual