Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
There are c.£50bn of investments in the 600 Unit Linked funds. Every single day, c.4,000 securities need to be independently validated, generating 2,500 unit prices used by administration teams to support our customers. On a monthly basis, c.£1bn of customer transactions are transmitted to/from Fund Managers by Investment Operations.
We are looking for someone who is highly numerate, has excellent attention to detail, and is committed to accuracy and delivery to join the team.
What will the role involve?
* Analysing investment data.
* Validating system generated exceptions.
* Generating and instructing investment trades with Aviva Investors and external fund managers to align investments with policyholder liabilities.
* Calculating tax provisions for capital gains and income on Life fund policies.
* Distributing fund prices to admin systems on time.
* Ensuring compliance with internal policies and group risk framework.
What knowledge & experience are we looking for?
* A higher qualification in mathematics or related subject desirable, with the ability to think logically essential.
* Proficient in numeracy and problem solving together with strong analytical skills.
* An understanding of financial markets, securities and investments.
* Knowledge of Unit Linked products and services would be helpful.
* Able to perform competent impact assessments of issues and raise appropriately.
* Ability to work flexibly to accommodate daily operations time-frames and project requirements.
What will you get for this role?
* A salary up to £24,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You can download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure Aviva as a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme