Onsite Desktop Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Capita IT & Networks have a new role for an Onsite Desktop Engineer, to be based on site in our Deployment Hub in Manchester offices.
Capita are operating a company wide laptop upgrade and this role will be delivering the laptops to Capita Employees who will come into the hub.
Key skills we are looking for in this role will be extensive 2nd and 3rd line desktop and server support, Windows 7/10, Office 365, Active Directory, windows server. Excellent customer facing skills, together with excellent written and verbal communications skills
Your experience will include:
* A minimum of 3 years 2nd and 3rd line desktop support experience
* High understanding of Windows 7/10 Operating systems
* Experienced in using Microsoft Office Applications and supporting Office 365. Access needed to Capita O365 tenant (to check Licences)
* Ability to troubleshoot application issues in liaison with Apps remediation
* Active Directory administration (Users and Computers). Must have an SA Account in (url removed)
* A minimum of 3 years 2nd and 3rd line Infrastructure support experience
* Windows Server – Excellent skills in the administration and technical support. Access to local BU infrastructure as required
* VMware experience
* Strong AD skills, including Group Policy and supporting tools such as DFS, DHCP,DNS
* Knowledge of software deployment tools, namely AD, LANDesk and SCCM.
* A good understanding of Network support including wireless technologies. TCP/IP, Telnet, Port Query
* Hardware support for desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones and printers
* Working knowledge of the Service Management and desktop management toolsets (Access needed to Remedy, endpoint management solutions, LANDesk, SCCM etc.)
About Capita IT and Networking
Capita Networking Solutions are part of our IT and Networking business, and we specialise on connecting businesses worldwide. We’re the UK’s leading network integrator and joining us you’ll build, integrate and manage some of the most advanced networks and ISP services for our clients. We have an unparalleled track record in delivering and supporting complex connectivity requirements across Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wireless technologies, and we excel at delivering voice network services, unified communications and collaboration services.
Capita IT and Networking are part of Capita Plc, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers’ needs, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day’s holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership
£35k - £38k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual
£40k - £60k Annual