Electrical Design Manager
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Salary: £50,000 - £70.000
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Electrical Design Manager will oversee the day to day running of all aspects of the electrical design team and sub contract resource. They will be responsible for the management of the design team resources including manpower and design tools. It will be the Electrical Design Manager's responsibility to ensure that staff and contractors are aware of the relevant design standards and that those standards are adhered to and maintained.
As well as the managerial responsibilities the Electrical Design Manager will also be responsible for designing, programming and commissioning control systems for equipment, including full bespoke machinery, jigs, fixtures and tooling, for a diverse customer base. They will also be tasked with elements of project control including schedules and cost tracking.
Roles & Responsibilities
• They will supervise and control the resources of the electrical design office and external sub-contractors.
• Ensure that designers receive all relevant information needed to progress with a design.
• Ensure all members of the design team receive the appropriate support and training to keep their skills and knowledge up to date.
• Oversee design team timekeeping and ensure timesheets are filed correctly and on time.
• Reporting design team performance and resource to management team.
• Oversee the technical content of all design projects.
• Carry out design reviews to ensure quality solutions.
• Produce designs in accordance with the technical requirements of a project.
• Produce detailed electrical design drawings.
• Design of PLC programmes.
• Commissioning of machinery.
• Production of parts lists.
• Identification and selection of bought out items.
• Discuss the technical requirements of projects with customers.
• Project management including cost monitoring and timing plans.
• Ensure the design team are working to the latest Machinery Directives.
• Carry out and monitor risk assessments.
• Fault finding.
• On-site customer support.
If you are interested then please call Ciaran on (phone number removed) or send your CV
£33.5k - £33.5k Annual
£18k - £21k Annual
£30.5k - £32.9k Annual
£20.3k - £21.6k Annual