Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
We now have an exciting opportunity to join one of the South Wests leading employers as a Hubsite Technician for the team based at our Restormel Water Treatment Works in Lostwithiel.
The Hubsite Technician will operate a complex water treatment site, associated plant and equipment; ensuring water quality and quantity is kept within company standards. You will ensure that potable water quality and quantity is maintained within company standards, having due regard to abstraction licences and the requirements of the distribution system.
The Hubsite Technician will carry out operational maintenance on equipment and instrumentation in accordance with work's schedules and instructions. You'll take water quality samples and carry out on site analysis, completing water quality and operational procedures, records and log sheets.
Additionally, you will perform routine and non-routine tasks in accordance with the operational requirements of the site.
The Ideal Hubsite Technician:
- Knowledge and experience of water treatment processes, systems, legislation, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of computer systems for standard software packages and of PDA/EDA devices
- Skilled communicator with the ability to build professional relationships with people at all levels of the business
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with the ability to find creative solutions to problems
- An understanding of principals of COSHH, Lone Working procedures and Basic First Aid would be beneficial
- A mechanical, electrical, ICA or scientific background would be advantageous
- Experience of working within a shift pattern
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Hubsite Technician, we can offer a Starting salary circa £21,000 per annum dependent on skills and experience. After successful completion of training period, there is the potential to increase salary to £27,122 based on Water Treatment Progression Scheme. This role also incorporates the potential integration onto the shift pattern including all financial adjustments
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as a Hubsite Technician, click apply today.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status
£20.2k - £26.5k Annual
£30k - £50k Annual
£22k - £28k Annual
£19k - £28k Annual