Senior Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We have opportunities to join this amazing business in the Research and Development team. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer (SME) you will be working as part of a highly skilled team, actively involved in supporting the design and development of innovative world-class products.
This is a key role in supporting the machines and modules sector of the business which is primarily responsible for designing new products in line with company expectations and delivering to programme milestones. You will be working in a forward-thinking environment which benefits from continuous investment and the opportunity to be part of exciting new projects for the future on a global scale.
Our clients are innovative international market leaders; therefore, it is imperative that our SME’s are confident in embracing change and enjoy growing ideas. You will have the passion to effectively deliver projects and have the flexibility to adapt and overcome any potential issues.
You will be committed to leading and delivering timely solutions, managing designs through the product development lifecycle from a ‘blank sheet’ to completion into mainstream production. You will effectively communicate work estimations and update departments on delivery forecasts, lead times and key milestones. We pride ourselves on being able to accurately respond to business needs and enjoy being able to rapidly adapt at any stage in the design development process.
We are growing our team and are looking for experienced professionals, you may originate from a Aerospace, Oil and Gas, Rail or Special purpose machinery, robotics, mechatronics, high speed high accuracy electro mechanical systems background.
We are happy to train and develop you to be the best (and have a great team to support you!) In return you will bring the following skills and experience to us:
* Degree in a technical discipline, technical engineer, master craftsman (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or automation technology) or comparable specialist knowledge with long period of professional experience.
* Understanding of the functional interdependencies of mechanical, electromechanical and mechatronic systems.
* Design experience in the field of manufacturing processes, costs and tolerances and assembly (DFA, DFM)
* Confidence in using the 3D CAD system, the EDM system and SAP/R3.
* Experience of using NX11/12, Team Centre and ANSYS would be advantageous.
* Ability to work across disciplines with internal and external partners involving complex projects.
* Skilled in Microsoft Office applications including advanced Excel.
* Working knowledge of product development lifecycles.
* Great communication skills and a team player.
* An understanding of SMT solutions.
In return we can offer the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and an experienced and innovative team. We offer development and progression opportunities and are looking for someone who wants to build or enhance their career.
Of course, the package is important, so we offer a highly competitive base salary with bonus opportunity and will support with relocation expenses