Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Overview: As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the daily activities of the Manufacturing shift. You will provide support and direction to your team, ensuring they have the tools to carry out their role, establish training needs and correct safety issues. You will also need to assure production output supports the production schedule, meets all applicable quality requirements and engage employees by sharing metrics and how they relate to team performance. As a Production Supervisor you will champion the principles of lean manufacturing by identifying and pursuing opportunities for improvement and promote the concepts of 5S. The ideal candidate will have good manufacturing experience. You must be able to communicate clearly with a wide variety of people and have food organisational skills with strong attention to detail.
For a proven Production Supervisor this is an excellent opportunity to work secure a stable position within a forward-thinking company, that offers good career progression opportunities.
* Create a culture of safety and accountability around all teams as well as individual work assignments.
* Adhere to all quality standards within the department.
* Plan and supervise the daily manufacturing activities on a shift.
* Ensure assigned staff are qualifies and appropriately trained for assigned work.
* Assure production output supports the production schedule.
* Engage the employees by sharing metrics and how they relate to the company’s team performance.
* Assure production output meets all applicable quality requirements
* Perform human resource tasks such as recruiting, performance management, training and development, recognition, time management and corrective action.
* Monitor manufacturing area supplied and equipment; initiate purchasing requests as needed.
* Champion the principles of the continuous improvement by identifying and pursuing opportunities for improvement.
* Promote the concept of 5S by maintaining clean & organised work areas with emphasis on safety, quality efficiency & utilization.
* Continually seek to improve work processes & individual performance.
* Adhere to all company policies & operations procedures.
* Perform additional tasks as required.
* Manufacturing experience, ideally in injection moulding or CNC Machining, but not essential
* Relevant manufacturing supervision/management experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Exceptional leadership, communication, coaching, and conflict resolution skills.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams
* Ability to use a computer and calculator
* Good written and oral communication skills; ability to read and write English
* Good organisational skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
* Must be punctual and have good attendance
* Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and electronic work instructions from supervisors or technical leads
Key Words: “Injection Moulding”, “Setter”, “Moulding Technician”, “Injection Moulding Setter”, “Process Technician”, “Process Development Technician”, “Setter Supervisor”, “Senior Setter”, “Plastics”, “CNC machining”. “precision engineering”, casting, presswork, “food manufacturing”
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist –
“Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable”.
Sierra57 has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles
£34k - £36.4k Annual
£28k - £32.5k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual