Hardware in the Loop UK Technical Lead – Air Defence
Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
An opportunity has arisen to become the technical lead for air defence projects within the complex and unique Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) missile test facility.
Not only does the role provide the opportunity to get hands on with missile sub-systems but you will also have the chance to develop technical, project and people management skills within the growing multi-skilled HWIL team. Support to generate a development plan for any successful candidate who is not promoted upon taking the role will be provided to enable promotion at an appropriate time
As a HWIL Technical Lead you will have the opportunity to manage, design, develop, use and maintain HWIL test capabilities across multiple projects. This will involve:
- Understanding the current status of the capabilities and what they can offer projects
- Interactions with project teams (generally at CSPE and CSE level)
- Ensuring all capabilities are available to meet project needs in a timely manner
- Hands on work to ensure all capabilities are kept up to date in line with latest HWIL and project developments
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the HWIL facility to maintain a world leading capability
- Showcasing the HWIL facility to a wide range of customers and stakeholders
What’s in it for you? - Opportunity to develop an in-depth understanding of how our missiles work and how they are proven
- Interesting and challenging work across a wide range of engineering and non-engineering disciplines
- Working with high technology equipment in a world leading and unique test facility
- Good mixture of technical work and project management
- Potential for multi-national working
- Exposure to a wide range of project and customer teams
What’s great about the team? - A growing multi-skilled team with a wide range of experience who are all willing to help and support your development
- Pro-active and innovative approach to solving any problem that is presented to them
- All working towards continually evolving the HWIL capability beyond what is available today
- Constantly seeking to develop understanding of all aspects of the HWIL capability and beyond
What are we looking for? - Ideally you will have Developed Vetting (DV) clearance or be willing to apply for it
- Good problem solving skills
- Be pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with minimum supervision
- Able to work with varied engineering and non-engineering teams
- Previous exposure to project management and what it entails (e.g. TNUs)
- Resilience when issues arise and ensuring the best technical solution is identified and implemented where practical
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£29.2k - £29.2k Annual