Posted on Jun 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Our client has been supplying the South West with Hydraulic and Pneumatic Services for over 35 years
They are now looking for a service engineer to join their rapidly growing team. The role will be based out of their warehouse in Newton Abbot, but will also involve being out in the field helping customers
This is a fantastic opportunity for a service engineer (with hydraulics experience) to join a company that will offer you good career progression in an exciting and challenging environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Promoting the company at all times when communicating with customers.
• Carry out repairs both on site and in the workshop in a timely manner.
• To assemble complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems in the workshop and at customer’s premises to detailed assembly drawings.
• To test complex systems to schedule to ensure correct operating criteria are met before delivery to customer.
• To run up and test compressors before delivery to customers.
• To install and commission complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems at customers premises either individually or as part of a team.
• Able to fault find on complex hydraulic and pneumatic systems with little information.
• Fault diagnosis, inspection and repair of hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders.
• Fault diagnosis, inspection and repair of hydraulic pumps and motors.
• Manufacture and install pipe work systems for both high pressure hydraulic systems and pneumatic ring main systems.
• May be required to attend breakdowns at very short notice, some overtime and weekend working will be required.
Education and Experience
• Must have excellent literacy and numeracy skills, experience of Word and Excel to an intermediate level is essential.
• Must have experience of working with hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
• Must hold a relevant engineering qualification to a minimum of NVQ Level 3
• An ability to weld and fabricate equipment would be a distinct advantage.
• Experience of basic turning and milling operations would be a distinct advantage
• A working knowledge of “Star Delta” starters and fault finding on electrical control circuits would also be a distinct advantage
• Must have held a UK driving licence for a minimum of three years.
• Ideally will have had 3-5 years’ experience in a similar service role, preferably within and engineering or plant maintenance environment.
• May suit someone from a factory maintenance background looking to get into service work
Hours: 8.30-5pm with overtime, all necessary equipment supplied
If you think this role is for you then please contact Shireen on or (phone number removed) for full details